Gaylord Security - False advertising

I've been wanting a security system for awhile now, and when ADT came to my door, I thought it sounded like a good deal.I gave the salesman that came to my door my nickname, and a false ss# (I never give anyone my real ss#).

Within 10 mins, he texted me and told me that my credit was just 5 points off getting it installed at the price I was quoted.

I would have to pre-pay 3 years.

not my name, not my social, but he ran my "credit report" and i needed a lot more money up front.

rip off!

review #375896
8 3 Helpful?
Had the same issue4 Comments3
Had an experience with Gaylord Security?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
this freaking guy

Mar 18 #960028 Bakersfield, California

Bad/No credit = no ADT alarm. Learn the system troll.
What would be funny was if the person who's SSN you did provide were to prosecute you for identity theft.... but no you're right .. you really burned them and then trashed them on the web... good job ***.

1 0 Reply
OU

Sep 18, 2013 #718608 Las Vegas, Nevada

Perhaps you should use a fake social security # that will result in a "higher" credit score.

1 0 Reply
Brain

Apr 22, 2013 #640497 Houston, Texas

Almost every security company runs credit to verify who they are dealing with upfront. Majority of the alarm sales reps that knock no your door will be for a security dealer of the actual company that will provide your home the services you so desire. These security dealers give the home the opportunity to gain more while paying substantially less or nothing at all upfront vs the actual company who can and will charge for every piece of equipment necessary to fulfill your needs.

Lastly, are you more upset that you provided false information to gain the security you so desired or are you upset the false information you provided did not measure up to that company's credit standards?

Heads up minimum score to qualify for a company that runs credit to sign a home owner up for security is 600 unless that company is just trying to beef up numbers and then lowers for a brief time period the minimum score which is very rare. 600-49 score is not good credit but borderline and can get you through the door to secure your family. 650-699 is a decent step up score wise yet still almost in same breath as prior. 700+ means you have a choice who provides security to your home and I would pray you do not choose wrong by being too greedy LOL or looking to hard bc most of the best deals will come from the security rep knocking on your door trying to earn your business for that security dealer that they turn your paperwork into for the major company that will
... Show more

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Gaylord Security.
Filing a new complaint about
×